ELEKTRO+ Room Planner
The Planning Programme for building / home owners and renovators
Using the “Room Planner” programme, version 2.1, you can define and plan your electrical installation to meet your individual requirements. The planning programme is based on the standard Electrical Installation Values 1, 2 and 3 in accordance with RAL-RG 678. The present software does not include the plus Electrical Installation Values for enhanced safety, comfort and energy efficiency but a new extended version, 3.0, is currently being developed to include these values.
The “Room Planner 2.1” programme is not a substitute for the specialist knowledge and planning skills of a qualified electrician or electrical engineer. However, it does provide an excellent tool for the preliminary stages in planning your electrical installation and will help you to address issues clearly and directly when speaking to your electrical expert or building planner.
Seven steps to excellent electrical planning
Take the time to plan your electrical system in detail room by room. You can stop your planning at any time and save the latest version of your work on your computer. Alternatively, you can save plans on-line and call them up again next time you log-on. To use this on-line facility you must register as a user. Your entries and changes will be deleted four weeks after your last log-in.
To proceed please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the programme “Room Planner 2.1”.
- Step 2: From the interactive menus, select the general definitions for your room planning, such as room type and room size, and your desired Electrical Installation Value in accordance with RAL-RG 678.
- Step 3: Decide whether you want to start your planning using the lists or using the floor plans.
- Step 4: Start by planning your individual electrical installation using the lists.
- Step 5: Then, change to floor plan mode and define the ground plan for each room, entering positions of furniture. Add to each room the electrical installation elements that you selected in the list planning, defining type and number of elements. Choose from additional special planning information, if required.
- Step 6: Additional special functions for enhanced safety, user-friendliness and energy efficiency can now be included in the planning.
- Step 7: Save your planning work on your computer and/or on-line. Print out a copy, if necessary, for your meeting with the electrician or architect.
A useful supplement – The Room Planner Brochure
The Room Planner brochure, published by the ELEKTRO+ Initiative, contains extensive information and advice for efficient and excellent electrical planning. The text is supported by numerous illustrations, graphics and diagrams. For almost all the rooms in an average flat or house there are planning examples for each of the three basic Electrical Installation Values in accordance with RAL-RG 678. In addition, the plus Installation Values are outlined in detail. The brochure provides an interesting and helpful companion to the “Room Planner” programme.